Manages the facility nursing program in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, applicable State and Federal regulations, and policies and procedures.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
* Valid RN license in the state employed.
* Valid CPR certification.
* Three years experience as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or equivalent supervisory nursing experience.
* Rounds on unit at least once daily
* Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
* Interview and hire new nursing staff.
* Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
* Review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
* Manages the Nursing Department with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
* Develops and manages systems to assure clinical competiencies.
* Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
* Identification of training needs.
* Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
* Develops and manages nurse – on call system.
* Develops the department budget for approval, monitors expenses and stays within budget.
* Investigate and resolve residents/family/employee concerns.
* Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
* Participating in Employee Recognition Program.
* Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
* Develop and manage staffing schedular system.
* Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
* Ensures that adequate nursing staff are available based on facility/census requirements.
* Collect data to compile reports in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines.
* Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
* Assures that all clinical protocols and nursing policies and procedures are followed.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Assure Pharmacy, dietary, physician consults are followed in timely manner.
* Assumes complete responsibilities for the Center in absence of Administrator.
* Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
* Ability to organize and prioritize.
* Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.