At Clary Grove, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Join us and benefit from the Clary Grove difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Advancement opportunities
· Paid vacation
· Health insurance
· 401(k) matching contributions
· And more!
The Activity Director is responsible for managing and assuming authority, responsibility and accountability for Center activity/recreation program, in compliance with state and federal standards, rules, and regulations, and center policies and procedures.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Conduct assessments and gather information that promotes development and implementation of an Activity program that meets needs and interests of individual residents at all appropriate levels of functioning
* Work in collaboration with Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to develop, implement, evaluate plan of care
* Complete assessments, including MDS, Activity Assessment and other documentation required by regulations, Policies and Procedures, and/or standards of practice
* Works with IDT to identify opportunities to improve care and services, including participation in Care Plans, QAPI, and other committees as assigned
* Develops processes and procedures to ensure residents/patients are informed of recreational opportunities, events and resources
* Provides training and materials to promote availability of 24-hour activity availability
* Participates in development of department budget, oversees spending for department and provides relevant information to Administrator
* Leads and or participates in leading Resident Council, serving as Center liaison and resident advocate, communicating requests, concerns, recommendations appropriately to other departments, keeping minutes/meeting notes, apprising Administrator
* Communicates with IDT on daily basis to provide environment for residents/patients that promotes respect, dignity, safety and a high level of satisfaction
* Assists in delivery and response, as appropriate, of resident and family satisfaction surveys
* Assists residents/patients in registering to vote, voting, and exercising other civil rights
* Develops, guides, supports and ensures compliance in a Volunteer program that promotes strong volunteer presence and participation
* Conducts self and holds others to high standards of customer service
* Hires and supervises Activities staff within Center, in collaboration with center Administrator
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED
* Qualified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or Activities Professional (licensed or registered, if applicable by the state in which practicing) and is eligible for certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or as an Activities Professional by a recognized accrediting body on or after October 1, 1990.
* Or, has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was full time in a Therapeutic Activities Program.
* Or, is a qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
* Or, has completed training by the State.