Certified Medication Aides will administer medication to patients and maintain related medical records under the supervision of the Charge Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Verifies identity of patient receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms or records.
* Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication.
* Take vital signs or observes patients to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
* Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
* Gives direct patient care such as bathing, dressing and feeding patients, and assisting in examinations and treatments.
* Receives supply of ordered medications and apportions, mixes, or assembles drugs for administration to patient.
* Records and restocks medication inventories.
* Displays job competencies consistently.
* Certified Nursing Assistant in good-standing with an active CMA certification.
* Current CPR Certification and Previous geriatric experience preferred.
* Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA