Competitive Salary - Relocation Package - Annual Bonus Program:
For more information about this position contact::
POSITION SUMMARY :
The primary responsibility of the Director of Nursing Services position is to direct the daily care services of the facility in a professional manner using resources effectively and efficiently to attain and maintain the highest level of care to residents in accordance with regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Set objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department.
* Organizes and coordinates admission, nursing and resident care procedures to maximize resident quality of life and quality of care with the integration of resident rights.
* Oversees that the residents’ dignity and right to privacy are upheld, and residents are free from sexual abuse, physical abuse, mental abuse, corporal punishment, exploitation, neglect and involuntary seclusion. Will report allegations of abuse or neglect to the appropriate state au thority and facility administration.
* Responsible for making sure that there is adequate staff in number and ability to maintain the highest practicable level of physical, mental, and psycho-social well being for each resident that meets the state and federal regulations.
* Oversees the ongoing training of nursing staff and assure competency is evaluated and training provided as needed.
* Keeps the facility in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local standards and regulations and that resident staff information is made available only according to the state or federal regulations.
* Manages clinical programs including but not limited to Infection Control and Antibiotic Stewardship, Managing Acute Condition Changes, Nutrition at Risk, Psychotropic Drug review and Skin at Risk/wound care management.
* Develops and evaluates with the health care team and administrator, the resident care goals and policies in order to assure that adequate resources and services are provided to residents, reviews reports and medical records on an ongoing basis to ensure highest practicable care is being delivered.
* Implements quality improvement programs designed to help deliver the highest possible level of service.
* Maintains safety rules and procedures that incorporate federal and state regulations and company policies.
* Responsible for keeping the department on budget and ensuring conformance with standards of quality care, keeping the administrator up to date on budget concerns.
* Observes, mentors, and trains new and current staff to facility’s programs, policies and procedures and holds staff accountable for duties assigned.
* Keeps the administrator up to date on resident changes, staffing changes, and significant care plan changes.
* Collaborates with other departments and professionals.
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs keeping CEUs credits up to date and attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Reports directly to the Administrator.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Responsible for supervision of direct care staff to include training, observation, motivating, and evaluating department staff.
* The Director of Nursing must have a current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of practice.
* Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential for success.
* Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
* Individual must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
* Ability to work on call and come in as and where needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
* The Director of Nursing must have a RN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing.
* Minimum of 4 years working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
* 2 years in supervisory/management position, including experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling.
* Additional course work in management is an asset.
* Working knowledge of MDS process, state and federal survey, and CMS is preferred.
Colonial Vista Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center:
Located just a couple of hours east of Seattle, Colonial Vista overlooks the beautiful town of Wenatchee, Washington. Our campus of care offers a continuum of care for you as your needs change. From independent and assisted living, to post-acute skilled nursing and rehabilitative care, we have all of your care needs covered. The entire campus embraces a philosophy of healthy, fulfilled living to encourage happiness and longevity, and we strive to help residents and patients achieve the purposeful, active lifestyle that they desire through events, activities and educational opportunities.
Colonial Vista Post-Acute and Rehabilitation Center offers post-acute, transitional care, outpatient rehabilitative therapy, and aquatic therapy programs all on one campus. The interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers and healthcare technicians are experts in providing a full range of services. We are able to adapt these services to each patient and their personal circumstances. By working together, we can achieve the best possible outcomes for you and your family.:
Prestige Care in about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
Prestige Care Inc. offers a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following::
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
· HSA/FSA accounts:
· Employer paid group life and ADD insurance:
· 401(k) plan with company match:
· Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
· Employee Assistance Program:
· Commitment to career development and continuing education:
· Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
· Flexible scheduling:
· Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location: