Forum Extended Care Services is a fast-paced, independent institutional pharmacy providing unmatched dispensing and consulting services to long-term care communities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana. We are currently seeking bright, resourceful candidates to join our team of 180+ dedicated professionals in a state-of-the-art, innovative environment. Celebrating our 50th anniversary, we have a customer-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes quality improvement, idea sharing, and goal attainment to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients.:
Position Overview :
* This position assists Registered Pharmacists in providing services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies residents in long-term care facilities.
* Responsible for measuring, counting, preparing and weighing medications.
* Preparation of medication that include emulsions, liquids, ointments and powders and for the intravenous mixing or compounding procedures.
* Key prescription information in order to produce labels.
* Preparing insurance claims forms as well as answering phone calls to take advance medicine orders from facilities.
* Sanitation of IV room, equipment and hood in the working environment.
* Process, package, and dispense physician orders for medications, DME, and other medical supplies to residents in long-term care facilities under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
* Assist in resolving facility/patient problems under emergency conditions.
* Be able to operate and properly maintain pharmacy equipment as it relates to job duties.
* Assist with implementation of quality improvement program to meet company and accreditation standards.
* Other duties as directed
* Current unencumbered license as a Pharmacy Technician in the state of Illinois.
* High School diploma or graduate equivalent degree. College preferred.
* Experience in clinical pharmacy or Home Health industry preferred or equivalent.
* Knowledge of medication brand and generic names.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Occasionally lift/move items up to 40 pounds.
Must Be Licensed Certified (Grandfathered In):
Full-Time | 3pm - 11:30pm | Rotating Weekends Holidays: