Performs the payroll administration functions for a facility.
* Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent, college level courses in accounting or business preferred.
* Experience: Two years experience in payroll or human resources.
* Process payroll in adherence with federal/state/facility/regional pay guidelines.
* Ensures that pay practices are documented, pay rates and programs are monitored and that merit increases are timely.
* Coordinates PIB (pay-in-lieu of benefits) process, including verifying that employees do not elect PIB when enrolled in any other benefit plans (excluding the retirement savings plans).
* Posts state and federal posters required by law in appropriate locations.
* Ensures that the HRIS contains correct employee information including; social security number, job title and FLSA status.
* Reviews employee time and attendance reports for accuracy and completeness, and makes corrections as necessary.
* Serves as a back up to the SDC to ensure WOTC compliance and backup to Human Resources Coordinator as needed.
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Knowledge of computerized payroll and bookkeeping systems.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
* Skilled in the use of computers and the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Ability to be accurate, concise and detail oriented.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.