Provides, or assists in providing, psychosocial rehabilitation services with residents of the facility. Services may include, but are not limited to, crisis management, individual and group counseling, assessment, treatment planning, MDS, discharge planning, case management, linkage, and referral.
* Must possess a Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
* Must have a minimum of one year experience working with the mentally ill (or similar) population.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with all personnel.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, consultants, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
* Must possess excellent communication abilities through listening, speaking and writing skills.
* Must be able to maintain an appropriately professional manner in intense and/or crisis situations.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
* Must be free of physical limitation so as to be able to participate in physical C.P.I. (Crisis Prevention and Intervention) techniques as trained by certified trainer.
* Prepare and provide clinical relevant interventions.
* Intervene with problematic and disruptive behaviors.
* Respond to crisis per facility policy and procedure.
* Follow and help maintain and enforce all facility rules and regulations.
* Complete all documentation as required by Federal, State, local and facility requirements.
* Assist in the over-all functioning of the behavioral health unit.
* Supervisory responsibility over the behavioral health unit.
Perform other related duties as assigned.