This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by serving fresh, flavorful, nutritious food in a caring manner to patients, family and staff. Responsible for serving and portioning food items for patient families', volunteers, and Mercy employees throughout the day in an attractive, accurate and sanitary manner. Properly cleans and sanitizes serving areas, maintains a safe work environment, and adheres to regulatory guidelines.
Job/Position Specific Duties
- Demonstrate knowledge and support of the patient improvement scores. Articulate Press Ganey scores.
- Perform tasks of prepping, cleaning, cashiering, and serving in order to maintain customer satisfaction
- Monitor quality of food products and service, including temperatures. Takes corrective action when needed
- Proficiently operate equipment, demonstrate portion control and meet regulatory agency requirements
- Accurately charges visitors, volunteers, and employees by using CBORD POS MICROS system and frequently stays updated on policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively to staff in other areas through use of Face to Face, Vocera, and Phone
- Perform proper phone etiquette by using Mercy's phone answer scripter
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health Inspector and State sanitizing techniques and procedures
- Follow instruction and daily workflow procedures set by Manager, Supervisor, or Lead
- Perform job duties independently without constant supervision or guidance
- Able to problem solve if food or item substitution needs to be made
- Prioritize tasks to be ready for meal service at specified time
- Monitor food and refrigerator temperatures and report deficiencies
- Perform excellent communication and customer satisfaction skills with all visitors, employees, and volunteers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to utilize dietary guidelines for service
- Ability to perform duties within time constraints
- Must be able to perform job requirements with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate quality customer service.
- Demonstrate core and annual competency in specific skills as identified in the position
- Proficiently operate and maintain equipment associated with their job.
Professional Experience– Required vs. Preferred
- One or more years of health care experience preferred
Education-Required vs. Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration - Required vs. Preferred
Physical Activity Requirements
A. Constant = 67-100% of workday
B. Frequent = 34-66% of workday
- Use of fingers
- Repetitive motion
C . Occasional = 33% or less of workday
Physical Demand Requirements
- Medium: Exert 20-50 lbs of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs of force frequently.