To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· Currently enrolled and attending an accredited school of registered nursing.
o External hires: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Nursing Program (BSN) required.
o Internal BH employees: May be enrolled in a BSN or ADN program. ADN graduates will be required to sign a BSN completion agreement upon hire/placement in a graduate nurse position.
· RN from another state awaiting Michigan Licensure (or) Graduate Nurse from accredited school of nursing awaiting retake of NCLEX or awaiting results of the last exam.
Transcripts at the time of hire.
B. Work Experience:
Clinical experience as a Student Nurse and additional clinical experience preferred.
Completed fundamentals of nursing and one medical surgical clinical rotation required.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current BLS required.
D. Other Qualifications:
On the job training after successful completion of orientation and successful completion of competency validation.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties Nurse Tech may not perform:
1. NGT: insertion, irrigation, removal, feeding, specimen collection or gastrostomy
2. Tracheostomy care
3. Administration of medications
4. A-line and central line draws and dressing changes
5. Administration of blood
6. Foley catheter irrigation
7. Care plan initiation
8. Crash cart checking
9. Obtaining signature on consents
10. Taking or noting physician orders
11. Initial physical assessment
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Tech is responsible for direct patient care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Nurse Tech will provide care according to Beaumont policies and procedures.