To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
· Currently enrolled and attending an accredited school of registered nursing.
o External hires: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Nursing Program (BSN) required.
o Internal BH employees: May be enrolled in a BSN or ADN program. ADN graduates will be required to sign a BSN completion agreement upon hire/placement in a graduate nurse position.
· RN from another state awaiting Michigan Licensure (or) Graduate Nurse from accredited school of nursing awaiting retake of NCLEX or awaiting results of the last exam.
Transcripts at the time of hire.
B. Work Experience:
Clinical experience as a Student Nurse and additional clinical experience preferred.
Completed fundamentals of nursing and one medical surgical clinical rotation required.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current BLS required.
D. Other Qualifications:
On the job training after successful completion of orientation and successful completion of competency validation.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties Nurse Tech may not perform:
1. NGT: insertion, irrigation, removal, feeding, specimen collection or gastrostomy
2. Tracheostomy care
3. Administration of medications
4. A-line and central line draws and dressing changes
5. Administration of blood
6. Foley catheter irrigation
7. Care plan initiation
8. Crash cart checking
9. Obtaining signature on consents
10. Taking or noting physician orders
11. Initial physical assessment
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Tech is responsible for direct patient care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Nurse Tech will provide care according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
IV venipuncture, IV tubing changes, administration of IV fluids, changing a patient gown while on an IV pump may be performed with demonstrated competency on approved units per site.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) model:
· Treats individuals with dignity and respect
· Shares complete and unbiased information with patients and their families
· Encourages and supports patient and family participation in their care
· Partners and collaborates with patients, families, and team members to ensure an excellent and positive patient experience.
3. Supports and contributes towards the BH culture:
· Brings best self to work each day
· Is highly engaged
· Reflects a team oriented approach
· Strives for excellence
· Treats patients, families, and co-workers with compassionate, extraordinary care every day
4. Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture Environment:
· Encourage employees to report safety and quality concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening.
· Just Culture is about creating an environment where employees are encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in pursuit of our mission.
5. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
6. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
7. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
8. Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment – cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
9. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules – including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
10. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
11. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.