Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Patient Access Representative (PAR) is a member of the Clinic Access Department at Moffitt Cancer Center. The Clinic Access Department handles more than 6,500 patient calls or appointments weekly, schedules and registers all services for all outpatient visits.
The PAR registers and schedules as part of his or her duties. Some PAR's perform these duties face to face, while others do it in a call center setting with not face to face patient contact.
We are currently looking for a Patient Access Representative (PAR) to join our team.
· The Patient Access Representative (PAR) is responsible for registering and checking in patients as they arrive for their visit and for scheduling any orders and appointments requested by the patient's care team as patients depart.
· PAR's based in our Call Center perform registration and scheduling of appointments by phone.
· PAR's gather accurate information, explain forms and policies and answer questions from our patients.
· A Career Ladder is in place to reward high productivity, quality and skills.
· Perform pre-registration or registration of patients for appointments at the Cancer Center. This includes review of insurance data to ensure that each encounter can be billed appropriately.
· Communicate with the ordering, referring or attending providers and the patient, referring to scheduling guidelines, to correctly schedule appointment procedures.
· Explain required registration elements, including forms, to the patient when required.
· Review documented instructions with patients to ensure they are properly prepared for scheduled procedures, tests and/or appointments.
· Work collaboratively with team members as needed.
· Other job-specific duties as assigned, consistent with level on career ladder.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· An upbeat, approachable and compassionate approach when working individually with each patient. (This is crucial when face to face with patients).
· Accuracy in data entry of patient information in the computer systems.
· Critical thinking skills and a solution focus approach.
· Flexibility to work in in various clinics depending on the daily volumes.
· Strong computer skills.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Experience successfully working in an environment with competing priorities and demands and performance metrics.
· Sensitivity and compassion for our patients, who may experience difficulties and challenges as they seek cancer care.
· 1 or more years of experience in a hospital, outpatient facility or physician office performing scheduling or registration duties, or performing data processing and/or customer service.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of customer service experience