At Moffitt Cancer Center, the Don & Erika Wallace Comprehensive Breast Program boasts a multispecialty, full-service clinic that offers the latest in preventive care and support for all breast-related conditions. Located in our McKinley Outpatient Center near Busch Gardens, our breast clinic provides our patients with all of the services they need from a cohesive team of doctors and other experts who specialize in breast cancer, including:
Our Breast Oncology Clinic cares for 80-100 patients on a daily basis. We are currently looking for a Clinic Coordinator Assistant to join our team.
· Request, obtain and organize patient workflow and the records and documents, slides, Films and other pertinent information using technological advances as well as other departments' specific systems.
· Support privacy and confidentiality during management, request and receipt of medical records from patients, facilities, physician offices and other organizations. Manage, maintain and facilitate the flow of patient's medical records.
· Navigate through multiple computer systems and services to manage and facilitate patient record access, flow and receipt. Participate in process improvement activities.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following:
o Oncology experience with focus on medical terminology.
o An Associate's Degree in either Business or Healthcare related field.
o Knowledge of Cerner systems or electronic medical record
PATIENT WORKFLOW AND ACCESS
· Navigates through the scheduling system, views scheduling books and prints patient schedules.
· Reviews the patient's itinerary and advises patient or staff of any questions or concerns.
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the scheduling system as it relates to printing, viewing patient data, viewing itinerary, resource view, appointment dates and other pertinent data.
· Reiterates the completion of the Electronic Patient Questionnaire (EPQ) on the Patient Portal and advises them to complete it prior their first scheduled appointment.
· Advises those patients without computers to plan on arriving 1 hour before scheduled appointment to complete the EPQ at the clinic prior to appointment. Coordinates with the primary nurse regarding patient records and can facilitates patient calls to appropriate personnel.
· Contacts/transfers calls to PSS or assigned staff regarding patient scheduling issues, conflicts or changes.
· Checks daily schedules for add-ons and reviews the new patient checklist and manages them as required.
· Completes all reports and assignments regarding checklists and other duties. Navigates through the patient's EMR and relevant systems.
· Works as part of the team to achieve results and shares equally in the department's successes and failures.
· Works effectively and constructively to find mutually beneficial solutions for all concerned parties
MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGEMENT AND PRIVACY
· Manages, maintains and facilitates the flow of patient materials such as Imaging, Laboratory, Pathology, slides and other pertinent patient information for all new patients coming to the clinic.
· Requests and obtains records from facilities, outside services/vendors, outside providers and organizations as needed.
· Tracks the receipt of all records and ensure that they are received prior to their appointment with their Provider.
· Assists with problem solving and collaborates with all staff regarding patient records.
· Faxes, receives, copies and distributes records as needed. Submits record authorizations on behalf of the patients.
· Demonstrates thorough understanding of privacy and confidentiality and adheres to the rules and standards established by the organization.
· Shows a willingness to go beyond scope of job expectations to insure that all customers are served.
· Uses discretion and confidentiality in discussions related to patient, personal or staffing issues.
· Consents to internal/external recording of phone calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
SYSTEMS AND WORK PROCESS
· Processes the records and submits/uploads/scans them into the patient's electronic medical record (EMR) via computer system, scanning, CD upload and other pertinent programs.
· Works with Health Informatics and Imaging support when records fails to upload, trouble shoots systems and communicates in order to manage the patient information and facilitates timely delivery.
· Verifies that all records upload/scan successfully into the EMR and understands the process of image processing, archiving, labeling and sending of images to the Picture Archive Computer System (PACS) Library.
· Understands the process and the importance of correct patient identification, image and record labeling and assignment into the EMR and PACS.
· Works with outside health record management companies to assure that records are received in a timely manner and communicates any delays or missing data prior to the patient's appointment date.
· Navigate the vendor systems to facilitate work flow and access to information. Multi-tasks and accesses multiple systems to enhance workflow and throughput.
· Operates scanning software, CD burning software and other pertinent systems for data management.
· Navigates the patient EMR and other relevant systems as required in completing all daily tasks.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 years of administrative experience in a hospital or medical setting
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications