Our McKinley Outpatient Center accommodates the growing needs of our patients. These include the following:
• Skin Cancer Clinic
• Breast Cancer Clinic
• Survivorship Services
• Blood draw/Clinical laboratory
• Diagnostic Imaging and breast imaging
• Outpatient Surgery
• Pre-Anesthesia Testing
• Publix Pharmacy
• Infusion Center
• Rehabilitation Services
• Arts In Medicine Studio
Our McKinley Outpatient Center schedules 100-150 patients for our Breast Oncology and Breast Imaging Clinics. We are currently looking for a full time Patient Flow Coordinator to join our team.
· Coordinates the flow of patients through the building for their complete visit using customer service skills, critical thinking, and software/hardware systems.
· Works with various team members and I.T. systems to track and facilitate the movement of patients, in order to enhance the patient experience, prevent delays and provide direction and support.
· Provides front line customer service, oversight of clinic flow, aesthetics, and communications with patients, families, and team members.
· Works to achieve goals for patient wait times and patient and family satisfaction. Must have exceptional organizational, time management, communication, and customer service abilities.
· Works harmoniously and professionally with patients, guests, and team members, including volunteers. Must be able to maintain diplomacy and composure in stressful situations.
· Displays a high level of integrity, empathy, compassion, sophistication, and professionalism.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have the following experience and/or skills:
o Bilingual in English and Spanish
o EMR knowledge
o Ability to manage change
o Experience in a high paced outpatient clinic
o Associate Degree
· Manages the flow of the patient utilizing multiple systems, using verbal and written communication and collaborates with all members of the team as patients move through the building.
· Verifies patient identification, manages the self-registration kiosk process while adhering to Moffitt policies of confidentiality and privacy and corporate compliance.
· Monitors the patient through designated tracking software and hardware, uses multiple systems and works with Information Technology to ensure that the systems are always operational. Works with patients, families, guests, and clinical support teams to prevent and communicate patient wait times and/or delays.
· Demonstrated verbal, written, listening, and analytical skills. Empathetic and compassionate personality is critical to the role. Provides quality customer service by speaking clearly and maintaining a high level of customer focus. Ability to manage patient issues, provide follow through, and work calmly with patients and team members resulting in the best experience possible.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma
· 1 year of experience in the medical field
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications