The Rehab Aide is responsible for performing designated routine tasks related to the operation of the therapy services, and may assist with patient-related activities as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent..
* Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
* Ability to perform mental, physical and emotional requirements of the job.
* Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients, families, and coworkers.
* Must be able to take direction from the professional staff in an accurate and supportive manner.
* Ability to understand and follow the directions of the professional staff conscientiously and consistently.
* Able to maintain patient confidentiality.
* Must demonstrate emotional maturity and stability to cope with the demands of the position.
* Must possess and exercise sound judgment pertaining to assigned duties
* Perform tasks only within the scope of allowable duties.
* Develop knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, and equipment used in rehabilitation.
* Knowledge of possible hazards to patients during treatment and ability to follow hazard precautions.
* Does not represent self as therapist or therapy assistant.
* Able to tolerate being physically active the entire working day.
* Able to lift 50 -60 pounds, as needed.
* Able to lift, transfer, and guard patients safely, with appropriate level of assistance, and without possibility of injury to patient or self.
* Able to bend, stoop, squat, and lift numerous times daily without fatigue.
* Able to carry out fine motor and manual dexterity skills necessary for duties.
* Mental acuity and judgment skills to adequately and safely perform job requirements.
* Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual indications of needs from patients and coworkers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Complete assigned duties as instructed.
* Assist in maintaining a safe, clean and professional work area.
* Assist in maintaining safe and properly functioning equipment.
* Communicate accurate information in written or verbal format.
* Maintain stock of supplies and linens, clean and maintain equipment and maintain a safe, neat, and efficient working environment.
* Perform general office procedures, as determined by the FRC/CRC.
* Prepare patients for treatment and assist the therapists and assistants as requested.
* Attend meetings and in-services as directed by the FRC/CRC.
* Ensure patients are transported to and from the appropriate therapy department in a safe, appropriate, and timely manner.
Hiring for a rehab tech available to work fulltime weekdays and rotation for weekends with flexibility to alternate days with other rehab tech team as patient need dictates. Required to attend certified nursing assistant class here on site and complete the state exam. Job position requires someone who is compassionate, caring, team player, very adept at computer skills and organization, excellent customer service skills, and someone able to work in fast paced rehab environment. Duties will include assisting in patient care as well as filing, faxing, scanning, organizing information through multiple formats on word, excel, outlook, and web-based based therapy program, as well as management of equipment and ordering supplies. Additional duties would be to assist with restorative therapy, working with patients to maintain or restore their physical, mental, and psychosocial abilities and working with the nursing and activities staff in order to provide quality care to the patients we serve.