To plan, organize, develop, and operate the Admission Department in accordance with current Federal, State, and local regulations, standards, guidelines, and facility policy.
To acquire the necessary and appropriate information to facilitate the admission of the resident to the facility from home, hospital, or other facility and to complete the documents necessary for the admission process.
To manage and maintain the systems and processes associated with patient/resident financial services.
To represent the facility to clients, hospitals, and community agencies, establishing a good rapport with the transferring institutions.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study or licensed nurse.
* Knowledge of long term care.
* Ability to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner and to communicate effectively.
* Ability to deal tactfully and to work effectively with residents, families, personnel, support agencies, and the general public.
* Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Demonstrate patience, enthusiasm, and a cheerful disposition.
* Ability to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Possess adequate sight and adequate hearing or use of prosthetics to enable adequate sight and adequate hearing to perform the required functions of the position.
* Be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
* Ability to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people.
* Ability to operate office and business machines.
* Must be occasionally move and lift supplies and equipment.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B virus
* Tour and interview potential residents/resident representatives, collecting accurate data on admission inquires. Accept reservations for resident accommodations in an accurate and organized manner.
* Communicate, effectively and efficiently, with hospital and community agencies regarding admission referrals.
* Analyze referrals to ensure facility can meet resident’s needs adequately.
* Facilitate a decision for admission approval and notification of admission approval timely to referring agency.
* Confer with Administrator and nursing department in assigning appropriate rooms to residents.
* Communicate resident admissions, discharges, or room transfers to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
* Complete required identified offender registry verifications and initiate criminal background check requests per facility policy.
* Implement process to ensure all new residents, upon admission, are greeted and escorted to the assigned resident room.
* Explain facility philosophy, policies and procedures to potential residents, new residents, and residents’ representatives.
* Maintain an accurate resident roster.
Resident Financial Services:
* Obtain required signatures on all required admission forms and complete and obtain all necessary documents for resident financial record.
* Make efforts to collect past due balances in order to reduce account receivables and participate in A/R collection meetings.
* Assist AMS liaisons and resident representatives with the Medicaid application process when necessary.
* Complete various agency resident reports, such as Representative Payee Report, etc.
* Ensure all necessary admission documents are uploaded and appropriately categorized/labeled in PCC.
* Analyze Quality Indicator information related to admissions, discharges, and resident case mix to assist in developing and implementing the marketing program.
* Establish and maintain lines of communication to act as a liaison between transferring institutions and the facility.
* Promote customer service throughout the facility.
* Work cooperatively with all facility department supervisors and administrative staff, with hospitals and community services, and with residents, resident representatives, and other facility guests.
* Develop and participate in Quality Assurance Program Improvement initiatives as assigned.
* Observe and implement facility policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.