At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
The Ambassador position is responsible for taking, entering and delivering meals to patients and guests per facility policy. The Ambassador is responsible for entering data into the Electronic Diet Office and documenting the time and location of tray deliveries. The position includes picking up trays from the room when meal complete. The Ambassador is the key personal contact person between the Nutritional Services Department and the patient, and is expected to follow scripting protocols as instructed.
Schedules will fluctuate depending on the department needs.
Formal Education / Training:
High school education, GED or Equivalent Work Experience.
Must have the ability to understand and follow basic verbal communications and \ or written instructions in English
Hospital food service preferred. Customer Service.
Equipment and Skills Training:
Computer, telephone, steam table and food processors.
Kitchen, trayline serving area, office, and patient floors and rooms.
Prolonged standing, stooping, able to lift up to 35#. Able to withstand extreme temperatures. Able to comprehend written and oral communication. Able to communicate fluently and effectively. This position works long shifts, must be able to withstand standing, walking for up to 12 hour shifts.
Able to keep up in a fast paced environment.
1. Follows task list for the schedule assigned and follows the Process Manual for procedures
Understand and support the policy of working various shifts and days as needed according to the schedule and Assist and train in other areas as needed.
3. Participate in assuring trays are delivered within 45 minutes of order.
4. Recognize diets accurately for every patient.
5. Communicate patient need to dietitian and staff to ensure appropriateness for each diet.
6. Communicate to Nursing as indicated per patient request.
7. Able to make thoughtful decisions regarding patient needs as requested.
8. Press Ganey Courtesy of Person Serving Food Question at 86 or above.
9. Maintain sanitary and orderly workstation throughout shift.
10. Carry out assignments as directed by Supervisor and Team Leader in a positive cooperative manner.
11 Complies with departmental and hospital policies and safety regulations.
12. Attends department and area meetings as scheduled.