At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
To coordinate, implement, and plan nursing care in a timely and accurate manner.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college or university.
3. BLS within 90 days of hire.
Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. Equipment: Network Computer System, Pneumatic Tube System, Omnicell Medication System; Telemetry Monitors; AT&T Language line, Telemetry course preferred.
A medical/surgical unit with patient population ranges from pediatric through geriatric.
1. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. Able to stand/work for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including data obtained from patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
2. Plans the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, nursing diagnosis, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes.
3. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for patient population.
4. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
5. Handles/transports/stores/prepares/administers medications/solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
6. Documents accurately and timely.
7. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluate patient response and modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
8. Accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement, acuity and complexity of patient’s condition. Facilitates staff development
9. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
10. Maintains position specific qualifications.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
12. Maintains personal appearance in a way that reflects our professionalism and demonstrates to our patients, visitors, and coworkers the importance we place on cleanliness, orderliness and safety.