In collaboration with the shared leadership team in the ambulatory setting, the ambulatory nurse manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing patient care delivery across the Ambulatory Care Setting. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of patient care policies that are based on evidence and/or best practice standards and comply with regulatory requirements. As new nursing knowledge and innovations in practice advance, the Ambulatory Nurse Manager is responsible to lead their application into practice and will ensure standardized implementation across ambulatory nursing by working closely and in collaboration with other nurse leaders and other members of the shared leadership team. The Ambulatory Nurse Manager serves as a member of the department of nursing.
The Ambulatory Nurse Manager of Medical Specialties will have dedicated responsibility to their departments, and will report to the Nursing System Director, to ensure effective clinical care with focus on the patients, providers, and employees of the above listed department. This position will lead, manage, supervise, evaluate, and develop the clinical team. This position will refer to and develop policies, procedures, guidelines, and department specific instructions. The Ambulatory Nurse Manager of Medical Specialties will ensure the departments are aligned with the overall mission, vision, values, and culture of Bozeman Health.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Nursing
- Employed staff of Bozeman Health: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a commitment to enrolling in a bachelors in nursing program within the first year of hire and completion of the degree within 2 years.
- Graduate Degree in nursing or related field
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Montana
- BLS - with American Heart Association as a Health Care Provider
- Demonstrated progress toward Nursing Leadership Certification/ * Certification in nursing leadership (AONE or ANCC
- 3-5 years of recent patient care experience and 2 years of recent healthcare management, supervisory or coordinator experience with demonstrated experience in management of staff, leading clinic or group practice operations
- Prior experience working in a shared services organization and integrated delivery system
- Management of multiple clinics and in a multi-specialty medical group.
- Fiscal management skills and proven ability to prepare, monitor and control budgetary expenses and generate increased productivity and revenues
KNOWLEDGE OF, SKILLS IN, ABILITY TO, COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULY:
- Knowledge of current leadership, management and clinical performance improvement concepts
- Experience with electronic health records
- Strong Critical thinking
- Organizational and time management skills
- Well-developed planning, and organizational development skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience planning and implementing organizational/system change
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians or others in a professional manner
- Ability to work in a team environment, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail and maintain positivity
- Ability to blend business competencies and skills with the core ideology of nursing and other clinical disciplines
COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates integrity; is ethical in conduct and decision making
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, flexibility, and accountability
23% Time Spent - Culture & Care Team:
To advance organizational engagement and alignment with a focus on employees, physicians, advanced practice clinicians (APC), and workforce development
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of Bozeman Health in the ambulatory setting.
- Is able to be direct and truthful, while maintaining trust and confidence
- Provide current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others
- Address people and problems directly and quickly
- Creates strong morale and spirit as a team. Fosters open dialogue and allows people to be responsible for their work
23% Time Spent - CARE EXPERIENCE:
To provide compassionate and person-centered care across the continuum focusing on patients and families, providers, and the entire BH care team
- Maintains effective relationships with patients and their care providers
- Mentors and coaches staff and colleagues
- Able to be a role model and demonstrate professional behavior
- Applies healthy communication principles that promotes a healthy work environment
- Maintains effective communication with all nursing staff, other ambulatory nursing managers, other hospital personnel, providers, system directors and executive leadership.
23% Time Spent - CARE EXCELLENCE:
To develop and maintain a collaborative and inclusive approach to providing highly reliable care focused on: clinical quality, patient safety, and standardized clinical pathways and protocols
- Ensures change management process through evidence based practice for patient safety
- Deals with ambiguity, excels through change, and can comfortable handle risk and uncertainty
- Knowledgeable regarding current and future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the organization and nursing practice.
- Utilizes innovation and research to solve complex clinical issues
- Supports and engages in the journey to Magnet Designation
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, nursing services administration and the delivery of services while assuring a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to ambulatory care delivery.
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of patient care policies utilizing evidence-based practice principles and promoting standardization, when possible, while assuring regulatory compliance.
- Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
23% Time Spent - CARE PERFORMANCE:
To sustain high value care through stewardship of resources, efficiency & effectiveness of operations, a culture of continuous improvement, and advancing the role of philanthropy.
- Maintained survey readiness for regulatory requirements related to department of responsibility.
- Continuous improvement using the ISO-9001 methodology
- Orchestrates multiple activities to accomplish a goal, uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Maintains awareness of DNV and CMS accreditation standards and provides ambulatory nursing staff with the information needed to maintain compliance
- Identifies and supports the implementation of Bozeman Health's annual operating plan in the ambulatory setting
- In collaboration with the system directors and department of nursing facilitates successful implementation of projects related to designated areas of oversight.
8% Time Spent -