About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is energetic, organized and has strong multitasking abilities. Housekeeping Aides should be committed to learning and complying with OSHA standards for nursing homes. This position requires a candidate that is quick to learn and has exceptional customer service skills. Candidates should be able and willing to help in any area of the housekeeping or laundry department as needed. This position will report to the Director of Housekeeping and Laundry and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Housekeeping Aide in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Complete daily cleaning schedule in accordance with facility policy.
* Follow and perform infection control procedures.
* Ensure all safety measures are used when housekeeping duties are being performed (e.g. wet floor signs, chemicals are secured and labeled, etc.)
* Report/Restock any supplies that need to be replenished.
* Assist in the proper care and use of housekeeping equipment.
* Identify and reports any equipment malfunction to supervisor.
* Report all unsafe conditions, defective equipment, and maintenance repairs to supervisor.
* Dispense soap, paper and other housekeeping supplies.
* Attend in-service training programs for housekeeping employees.
* Observe infection control procedures related to the Housekeeping Department.
* Follow OSHA regulations as they pertain to the Housekeeping Department.
* Assist with laundry duties.
* Comply with state, federal and OSHA regulations.
* Comply with all facility policies and procedures.
Job Qualifications :
* High school diploma or GED preferred, Ability to read, speak and understand English
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 35 – 50 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.