The Staff Physician is responsible for and prescribing, dispensing, and administration of Methadone and Suboxone in the accordance with all application Federal and State Laws and Regulations. The Staff Physician will adhere to the vision and mission of the Company.
* Prescribes and terminates all Methadone and Suboxone dosages.
* Supervises either directly or indirectly any physician, physician’s assistant and/or nurse practitioner.
* Ensures all information obtained during the course of physical examinations, laboratory results and other diagnostic evaluations are duly recorded in all patient records.
* Ensures all physical examinations are completed, certifying each applicant is eligible for narcotic treatment.
* In conjunction with the Medical Director and Executive Director, ensures that a 24-hour emergency contact is available.
* Attends treatment team meetings.
* Be proficient with State Licensure Standards, CARF Standards, 42 CFR and HIPAA standards and Company policies. Qualifications:
* Licensed physician in the state where the facility is located.
* Meet all state OTP licensing requirements.
* ASAM certification preferred.
* Training or experience in treating persons with opiate addiction.
* Be a board-certified addictionologist or have successfully completed or will complete within one year, a course of study in opiate addiction that is approved by the Department of Health in Virginia.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Successful completion of State required background check and required trainings (i.e. CPR and First Aid Training).