Researches, develops, recommends, and assists in the implementation of Quality Improvement (QI) indicators and plans and ensures that all external quality reporting requirements are met. Supports and assists teams in the monitoring and improvement of quality performance.
Certification in quality, patient safety, risk management or licensure in a relevant clinical area
1. Provides reports, datasets, and information related to individual staff and provider activities to support peer review and quality oversight including conducting focused reviews and studies.
2. Provides data and statistics for key stakeholders that will help to monitor and understand performance, set improvement goals and evaluate the results of improvement efforts.
3. Conducts quality case reviews, data abstraction and focus studies related to quality reporting, accreditation, performance improvement and/or peer review.
4. Develops and/or delivers orientation and education programs for employees, contract staff and/or providers.
5. Facilitates meetings using process improvement tools and problem solving techniques.
6. Assists with regulatory studies.
7. Participates in the activities of the Quality Committee and other quality related committees. Attends department and team meetings and performs other quality and patient safety duties as assigned.