The Dietary Aide II prepares and/or serves food to patients, staff, visitors, and outreach customers of Aspirus Wausau Hospital. Must be able to follow all applicable policies, procedures, schedules, sanitation, and safety programs. Become a member of an excellent team that heals people, promotes health, and strengthens communities.
· Consistently serves food to all customers to ensure serving standards are met.
· Consistently maintains a clean, orderly work area that meets department sanitation and safety standards.
· Maintains a positive attitude and presents a positive image of Wausau Hospital.
· Maintains confidentiality and a professional, courteous attitude.
· Knowledge of food preparation standards and practices normally acquired by successfully passing a job knowledge test on safe and sanitary food handling practices within the designated training/trial period.
· Food Manager certification or completion of an approved food handler training course such as Serve Safe beneficial but not required.
· Possesses oral and written communication skills that enable the individual to comprehend and perform the job duties error free and in allotted time. Recent relevant cooking course at a technical college beneficial.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· Previous experience in a food service department is beneficial but not required
· Must be able to follow all applicable policies, procedures, schedules, sanitation, and safety requirements.
· Able to follow policy and procedure to create a safe environment and avoid error.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others
· Seeks opportunity to continually improve and learn
· Ability to lift 50 pounds maximum and frequently walk, stand, push/pull, reach and twist/turn.