Supports the mission of NHC. Exemplifies The Better Way through leadership and demeanor. Represents the center in a positive manner both in the medical community and in the community as a whole.
The Resident Care Coordinator (RCC) is the professional nurse who had 24-hour responsibility for the management of operations of a designated clinical area. To fulfill this responsibility, the RCC coordinates team efforts to promote restorative/rehabilitative practice and resident personnel, and acts as resource for clinical and policy related questions affecting the residents/families and staff. The position entails proficiency In Direct Care (Technical and Process Skills) and Indirect Care and Managerial Roles (Interpersonal, Administrative, and Professional Development Skills).
Ability to meet performance requirements
Education and Training::
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing as RN (BSN preferred) and licensed in this state as a Registered Nurse with two years’ work experience.
* Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the state where employed
* Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth. Attends continuing education offerings and through teaching and mentoring, contributes to the ongoing education of partners under his/her supervision
* Demonstrated clinical expertise and knowledge of gerontology and rehabilitative services (ANA certification as a Gerontological Nurse preferred).
Job Knowledge and Capabilities::
* Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills, leadership and communication skills.
* Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementing care.
* Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow, prioritizing to meet the patient care needs
* Integrates current standards of practice as well as local, state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the care of patients.
* Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem solving skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required::
* Provides competent, complex technical care to residents in accordance with ANAs Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Tennessee Nurse Practice Act.
* Uses ANAS Standards and Scope of Gerontological Nursing Practice to assure that residents receive high quality nursing care.
* Communicates effectively with residents, families, staff and other providers to ensure the delivery of appropriate care and facilitate station and facility operations.
* Uses sound data collection, critical thinking and problem solving techniques to manage the resources of the station effectively and efficiently according to facility policies.
* Demonstrates continued professional growth and development through educational and leadership activities in nursing both within the facility and in other professional settings.
* Other functions as may be assigned from time to time.