Responsible for the development and overall management of the Hospice Volunteer Program. Which includes the selection, training, support and supervision of qualified individuals to enhance Hospice patient/family care as volunteers. Also, responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and supervising all activities of the Volunteer Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plans and supervises the delivery of all volunteer services
* Develops volunteer policies and procedures consistent with the Hospice Program’s purpose, philosophy and objectives.
* Recruits, screens and selects volunteers for the Hospice Program.
* Designs and supervises the orientation and training of volunteers regarding hospice philosophy, policies and practice, including ongoing education.
* Documents successful completion of the orientation and training program for all volunteers.
* Assigns volunteers in consideration of the skills, knowledge and motivation of the individual and goals of the program and/or plan of care.
* Plans and conducts volunteer support meetings.
* Maintains and monitors record keeping for volunteer service and time.
* Actively participates in the Interdisciplinary Group meetings. Ensures that volunteers are utilized as an integral part of the Interdisciplinary Group meetings when appropriate.
* Oversees statistical data collection, to assure compliance with the Hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation regarding utilization of volunteers.
* Conducts scheduled evaluations of volunteers in the program.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Experience in working with volunteer groups preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, caregivers and Hospice patients and families required. Public speaking experience preferred.
* Emotional maturity, sensitivity, human relations skills, successful resolution of losses in own life, and good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to meet Hospice’s conditions of employment regarding health clearance, and provisions of professional references.
* Transports self to patient’s home/facility, may be in multiple locations in a workday.
* Must be able to function in a practice environment with minimal direct supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with Hospice’s patients, their families, the Hospice Team, potential and actual Volunteers in the community.
* Requires effective supervisory skills.
* Considerable ability to plan and direct subordinate staff in the execution of their activities and prioritize workload.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, department heads, administrators, member organization presidents and their leadership teams, and the general public.
* Bachelor’s Degree- Human Relations or similar area preferred.
EEO / M/ F/ D/ V/ Drug-Free Workplace