About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is ambitious, organized, and has a positive outlook. Candidates should have strong public speaking skills and feel comfortable in front of large groups. Administrators in Training (AITs) should have a keen financial sense and be able to effectively control a facility budget. They should be welcoming to all residents, staff and visitors and always portray the organization in a positive manner. Candidates must be dedicated to learning the details of the building, company functions and all policies and procedures.
AIT candidates must have strong management skills and be comfortable hiring, reviewing and terminating employees as needed. They must be able to work effectively with various internal departments, hospitals, vendors, doctor offices, residents and anyone they might come in contact with during daily operations. This position will report to the Chief Operations Officer and the facility Administrator, and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts managementâ€™s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. The ideal candidate will be flexible with their schedule to accommodate potential needs of the building, marketing events, meetings, etc. as needed. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As an Administrator in Training in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Operate the facility in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the governing body in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
* Prepare written policies regarding duties and activities of facility staff.
* Enforce the facility policies and procedures.
* Define standard operating procedures for physician practices.
* Act as liaison to the governing body for the medical, nursing and professional staff and all facility departments.
* Prepare all reports as required by management.
* Prepare written personnel policies and individual job descriptions.
* Supervise all department supervisors and administrative staff.
* Supervise the recruitment, employment, performance, evaluation, promotion, and termination of all staff.
* Be responsible for all financial transactions.
* Supervise the confidentiality and safe storage of current and closed resident records, personnel records, and physical plan records with regulatory requirements.
* Cooperate with the bookkeeping and purchasing departments to assume responsibility for ensuring the proper disbursement of money, as needed, and proper recording of such transactions.
* Ensure that all necessary supplies are purchases are available.
* Participate in the scheduling, planning and procuring of materials and information for staff meeting and in-service education programs.
* Develop relationships with community agencies providing services of benefit to the facility.
* Develop one-to-one relationship with residents and families.
* Arrange with appropriate state and legal agencies providing services of benefit to the facility.
* Assume responsibility for notifying appropriate state and local agencies of the transfer, temporary or permanent discharge, or death of any resident receiving Medicaid funds.
* Arbitrate complains and disputes concerning residents, families or personnel.
* Assume responsibility for reviewing and evaluating all recommendations of the facilityâ€™s committees and consultants.
* Interpret all federal, state and local regulations for the facility staff.
* Establish systems to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
* Act as a liaison between the facility and regulatory agencies, fiscal intermediaries and resident advocacy agencies.
Job Qualifications :
* Applicants must be enrolled in the AIT program with the state of Ohio and meet all requirements of the program according to OAC 4751-1-09.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and Microsoft Operating Systems. Applicants must be able to correspond timely through e-mail, phone, text messaging or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. It is required for this position that candidates are able to type at least 36 words per minute. Computer and/or typing tests may be given to candidates for this position as part of the interview process.
* Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.