This individual will be responsible to instruct at Advanced College. It will be the responsibility of this position to assist the Educational Chair in overseeing the operations of the program areas in order to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
Minimum qualifications: Current National Surgical Technology Certification issued by an NCCA approved agency; CPR certified (AHA preferred); background investigation and drug screening required. AA or AS degree and at least one-year experience in the Operating Room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities::
* Prepares course work for all assigned classes and teaches assigned courses in accordance with established Advanced College approved curriculum and course outlines.
* Assesses and analyzes student mastery of course and program learning outcomes.
* Reviews assessment data and adjusts curriculum and instructional methodologies to improve student learning.
* Contributes to outcome discussions at the campus, program and institution levels.
* Fulfills all duties enumerated within the Statement of Faculty Responsibilities
* Attends faculty meetings.
* Contacts students outside the classroom due to student absence to relay information related to class work and assignments.
* Offers students additional tutoring outside class time.
* Refers students to appropriate campus resources.
* Performs various functions and duties directly related to the program or the operations of the campus.
* Informs students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
* Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits records according to Student Service department
* Participates in professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
* Maintains current knowledge in the field, vocation or profession.
* Participates in the evaluation, revision and development of curriculum and instructional methods.
* Participates as assigned in various campus activities and duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Assigns laboratory activities that coincide with the material presented in lecture sessions as appropriate.
* Presides over all scheduled laboratory activities and hours.
* Ensures that time is spent productively by students working on appropriate assignments.
* Provides the opportunity for individual student attention.
* Evaluates students and provides them specific feedback.
* Provides additional assignments/projects as student progress dictates.
* Orders supplies as needed by following school procedure.
* Assists in maintaining a clean lab and clean equipment.
* Conducts initial troubleshooting measures on equipment and promptly label and reports all equipment in need of repair.
* Provides adequate safety measures for students and security measures to ensure safety of laboratory equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Education and Experience Must meet or exceed all standards listed in
Minimum Faculty Qualifications:
* Language skills and ability to read, analyze, and interpret materials related to area of expertise; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, employees and members of the business community; ability to effectively present information to students, employees, and the business community.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Instructors must have required certificates, licenses and registrations required for the course(s) they are to teach.
* Associate Degree / Bachelors preferred
* Operating Room: 2 year
Required license or certification::
* current National Surgical Technology Certification