Under the direction of the Manager, Environmental Services, the Environmental Service Technician – Floor Specialist is an active member of the Environmental Service team that delivers professional cleaning services consistent with the strategic vision, goals, philosophy and direction of the Environmental Services Department and CRHS. Performs floor care cleaning, polishing and maintenance following established schedules and prescribed methods.
Requires a high school diploma or GED state certification or similar demonstrated ability
Requires up to three months of work-related experience in the care and maintenance of a wide range of flooring materials and covers, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Licensure, Registrations & Certifications:
This job does not require any professional or technical licenses, registrations or certifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Standards of Performance:
- Performs routine cleaning in assigned areas following established schedules and prescribed methods.
- Performs basic and advance floor care using dry or wet mops, floor scrubbers, and vacuums.
- Strips, seals, waxes and polishes linoleum, terrazzo, wood and stone flooring surfaces using a variety of floor cleaning equipment and cleaning products.
- Cleans non-skid floor tile and grout using appropriate cleaners and sealers to maintain non-skid properties.
- Performs carpet cleaning using steaming and shampooing equipment following established schedules and prescribed methods.
- Empties trash containers following a prescribed cycle from common areas and patient rooms.
- Removes medical waste and bio-hazardous trash following established safety, containment and infection control procedures.
- Responds to STAT floor cleaning requests from the nursing or medical staff.
- Ensures floors are cleaned for special events, meetings, seminars, educational/training programs and other assignments according to work orders.
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and has repairs made when needed.
- Observes and reports the need for repairs to damaged carpeting and flooring.
- Cleans elevator floors and door tracks daily.
- Assists security in restraining unruly patients.
- Promotes team work on a daily basis, communicates and reports problems and concerns to the Manager.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Performs basic and advance floor care and cleaning using dry or wet mops, floor scrubbers, polishers and vacuums as measured by regular inspections.
- Must be able to accurately read SDS labels on supplies.
- Uses cleaning techniques and products that are appropriate for the flooring surface being maintained as measured by regular inspections and regular observation.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and not having excessive absenteeism as documented by time sheets.
- Attends all mandatory safety in-services as measured by attendance records.
- Demonstrates professional conduct by maintaining confidentiality of patient staff and organization information as measured by compliance.
- Adheres to the CRHS Standards of Behavior as measured by observations by staff, patients and other visitors.