Under direction of IT Director, utilize strong technical skills and experience to deliver first-class technical assistance and support to business and clinical staff related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responsible for deployment, operation, and management of end-point systems including; workstations, laptops, thin clients, multifunction copiers/printers, scanners, and various IT related medical equipment in a hospital healthcare campus environment.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Two years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Office applications preferred.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred.
- Comp TIA A+ certification preferred. Microsoft MSCA, MSCE preferred.
- Knowledge of microcomputer hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet basics.
- Able to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Heavy analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Knowledge and proficiency of department information system and necessary applications, i.e., e-mail system, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and understanding of completing time critical projects/tasks.
Time & Attendance (see FSH Time & Attendance Policy)
Professional Appearance (see FSH Dress Policy)
Staff meetings (90%)
- Mock Code Blue (min. 2 per year if applicable)
- PPD/TB Screen
- Annual Competencies
- Flu Vaccine
- Compliance Training
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to the
- Installation, upgrade, implementation, and maintenance of all end-point systems, including, but not limited to configuration, imaging, and deployment of all Windows and HP Thinpro HP computers, laptops, and Thin Clients; HP printer and Ricoh MFPs; Cisco and Avaya phones; and Apple and Android Smartphones.
- Act as first responder for all Help Desk support requests across the FSH organization. Triage incoming (phone, voice/email message) requests to determine immediacy of response and most appropriate IT responder.
- Manage Kaseya Help Desk operation by ensuring work orders are efficiently processed (opened, updated, escalated, closed).
- Configure, upgrade (memory/disk drives, printers, etc.), and deploy systems to new and existing staff.
- Troubleshoot and resolve various hardware and software anomalies. Maintain and update IT hardware and software configuration documentation, for internal/external use.
- Participate in IT systems configuration discussions intended to standardize end-point deployment process and enhance end-user work experience.
- Provide 24x7 support on a rotating schedule as needed.
- Assist the I.T. Team with the management and support for the following as requested:
- Microsoft Windows and HP Thinpro Desktop environments, including hardware and software.
- Company-wide application deployment strategy, including local and Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop) based delivery.
- Security configuration and deployment of mobile devices, including laptops and mobile phones
- Company-wide Sophos Antivirus solution.
- Company-wide system monitoring and alerting solution.
- Software Patch Management.
- Custom Bed Control and other Automate-Pro Services.
- All Network Applications, including but not limited to: ADP, Arthrex Synergy, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, ePreop, FormsFast, Imprivata SSO, Kaseya, Laserfiche, McKesson ACR, Meditech, MicroSystems SPM, Microsoft Office, Sophos Anti-Virus, TempTrak, etc.
- All printers, both locally and network attached
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to Adjust Focus- (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Close Vision- (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Color Vision- (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Depth Perception- (three-dimensional vision; ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Lift up to 10 pounds- 2/3 and more of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds- up to 1/3 of time
- Push/Pull- up to 1/3 of time
- Reach with hands and arms- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Sit- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Stand- up to 1/3 of time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- up to 1/3 of time
- Talk or hear- 2/3 and more of time
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel- up to 1/3 of time
- Walk- up to 1/3 of time
- Body fluid exposure- No
- Fine Dexterity- Both (7+ hours)
- Grasping: simple/light - Both (5-6 hours)
- Grasping: firm/heavy- Both (3-4 hours)
- Hearing- Ability to hear alarms on equipment
- Hearing- Ability to hear instructions from physician/department staff
- Hearing- Ability to hear patient call
- Repetitive use of hands- Both (5-6 hours)
- Risk of electrical shock- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Typical noise level- Moderate Noise
- Vibration- up to 1/3 of time