Provides high quality professional patient care in a physician's office.
1. Performs administrative duties as needed, i.e. assists in answering the telephone, filing, chart maintenance, scheduling, etc.
2. May be assigned to train new staff.
3. Purchases and maintains appropriate amount of medical supplies and equipment in accordance with CORE's policies. Ensures medical equipment is functioning properly at all times.
4. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in services, meetings and workshops.
5. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient and family including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
6. Monitors and ensures accuracy of nursing documentation on patient medical record. Completes patient intake, and updates care guidelines to ensure all gaps in care are closed.
7. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, assists physicians with examinations and procedures, and consults with the physician and other specialists as required to ensure optimal patient care. Provides patient/family education.
8. Maintains established CORE and federal regulated policies and procedures, objectives, patient confidentiality, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
9. All other duties as assigned.