We are hiring for a Pt Weekend only (8 hr shifts), 16-24 hrs/pp, on-call is required.:
New RN/LPN Graduates with experience in Assisted Living is welcome to apply!:
Why do employees enjoy working for Grace Lutheran Communities?
• 403B match for employees that work 20+ hours a week- up to 6% 403B match after 1 year of employment
• Accrual PTO immediately
• Tuition Reimbursement options
• Great benefit package-Medical, Dental and Vision
• Life Insurance- full time employees are eligible for 1.5X their annual salary
Apply now and join our growing team!:
Supervises and performs direct and indirect tenant care as specified on individual tenant service plan and physician orders according to established policies, procedures, and objectives of the organization and the established Professional Gerontological Standards of Nursing Practice Code. This position carries with it the responsibility and authority of substantial input into the decisions to hire, fire, assign duties to personal care workers, evaluate and discipline.
Special Features/Requirements (license, certificates, etc.):
Valid Wisconsin RN/LPN license. Follows/adheres to organization, federal/state regulations and guidelines, including Tenant/Client Rights; maintains neat, well-groomed appearance, adhering to dress code of organization/program. CBRF certified.
* Obtain prescriptions from doctors as needed
* Clarify orders
* Assess tenants per request
* Train staff related to treatments needed by tenants and medication pass
* Monitor monthly vital sheets and make recommendations to tenants regarding overall health
* Communicate to Director what follow-up will be needed over the week
* Check clipboard for tenant requests
* Monitor diabetic blood sugars and make recommendations to tenants/physicians
* Document tenant visits in chart
* Diabetic cares as needed, i.e. fingernail and toenail care
* Checking lab test report sheets from Clinic, follow through with medication changes as needed
* Direct Supervision care
* Weekend On-call responsibilities
* Monitor/assess tenants out of facility, i.e., hospital/nursing home
* Develop Individual Service Plans/Care Plans
* Audit charts
Physical Requirements (based on essential functions):
Frequently lifts and carries equipment and supplies weighing 25 pounds. Frequently pushes/pulls medication and treatment carts weighing 300 pounds a distance of 600 feet. Frequently twists, stoops, bends, occasionally kneels, squats, climbs stairs; frequently reaches at, above or below shoulder height; 100% of work day is spent indoors, 45% of work day is spent standing, 45% walking, and 10% sitting. Occasionally safely lifts and transfers tenants weighing average of 150 pounds, with our without assistance. Must be able to communicate orally and/or in writing with tenants, coworkers, families, public.