An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Maintenance Assistant/Painter :
Promotes a professional and comfortable atmosphere for all customers by diagnosing and performing repairs to all facility assets as directed. Actively involved in department activities and team activities. Accomplishes various levels of maintenance by maintaining buildings, grounds and various utilities systems and services. Repairs mechanical equipment in compliance with building and safety codes throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Responsible for performing electrical, mechanical and carpentry repairs and controlling inventory of supplies, parts and tools.
* Reads and interprets blue prints and schematic diagrams.
* Protects the assets of facility by diagnosing and performing preventative maintenance and repairs to physical structures and equipment which may include: ceilings, light bulbs, walls, doors, windows, floors, beds, and miscellaneous.
* Protects the assets of fixed facility equipment by performing preventative maintenance to the
* Ensures the operation of fixed equipment by performing daily building and equipment checks and recording status of equipment including chillers, boilers, air handlers, and water treatment equipment.
* Protects the assets of operational equipment by performing preventative maintenance to all food service equipment.
* Assists in controlling and maintaining inventory by informing the director of usage and low
inventory levels following established stocking procedures.
* Assists in communicating with service contract vendors as required for maintenance,
communication, utilities, alarm systems, waste disposal, and pest control.
* Adheres to company policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from high school/GED or equivalent experience is required. A minimum of 1 year experience in two or more building and/or mechanical crafts such as plumbing, electricity or engine mechanics is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years experience in two or more building crafts such as plumbing, electrical wiring or steam is preferred. Valid drivers license required.