Prepare, serve, and handle food in accordance with federal and state regulations and the residence policies and procedures. Maintain clean and sanitized dining service areas and assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Food and Inventory:
* Identify and report food and supplies needed for the next week’s menus.
* Assist in the receiving, rotation, and storage of products.
Food Preparation and Dining Service:
* Prepare menus and cook food in accordance with nutritional guidelines, regulations, and resident’s individual prescribed diet and food preferences.
* Present food in an appetizing and attractive manner.
* Assist in fostering residents’ independence with eating by providing adaptive equipment when needed.
* Ensure that food is delivered on time and in a pleasant manner.
* Visit with residents at each meal when available and ensure quality service.
* Prepare food and coordinate food service for special events as requested.
* Encourage residents to participate in the food service program and provide a forum for their input.
* Notify food service director of any malfunctioning kitchen equipment or appliances.
Regulatory Compliance and Sanitation:
* Ensure compliance with HACCP, local health department regulations and the residence policies and procedures.
* Maintain a clean, organized and safe kitchen environment.
* Ensure proper storage and handling of food in accordance with infection control standards.
Physical Job Requirements:
To fulfill job requirements, employee must be able to perform key physical task for extended periods of time. Proper body mechanics and safety measures as prescribed by the residence must be used.
In a typical eight- hour day, employee will::
* Stand/walk up to eight hours a day
* Sit up to two hours a day
* Frequently support up to 30 pounds
* Frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds
* Frequently kneel, bend, and reach