About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, energetic and can effectively multi-task. Restorative Nurse Aides should be able to accurately document and maintain confidentiality. Candidates should be encouraging and friendly, while always respecting resident rights. This position must be dedicated to complying with all state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures. Should be able to plan, develop, organize and implement restorative programs alongside the Restorative Nurse. Candidates must be able to work with various departments and personalities. This position will report to the Charge Nurse and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Restorative Nurse Aide for Grace Management Service’s facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
* Provide direct resident care as assigned.
* Conduct routine resident rounds, check soiled linens, answer call lights.
* Initiate corrective action as necessary and/or seek assistance of charge nurse, treatment nurse or nursing supervisor.
* Complete tub baths, showers or bed baths.
* Turn and reposition all bed and chair residents every two hours.
* Place bedpans, linens, washbasins and soiled linen in appropriate areas.
* Take residents to dining room and assist in feeding as assigned.
* Complete food percentage, intake and output, and bowel and bladder records.
* Empty and record all urinary drainage units.
* Identify special resident problems and report them immediately to the charge nurse.
* Participate in resident care conferences and other facility meeting as assigned.
* Participate in the development of an individualized plan of care for residents as assigned.
* Review care plans and perform nursing care as outlined.
* Document in the nursing assistant notes the care and treatment provided to the resident and the resident’s response or lack of response to care provided.
* Report changes in residents’ conditions to charge nurse or nursing supervisor.
* Perform basic nursing skills as outlined in facility educational program.
* Follow facility procedures for admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
* Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as it’s practical.
* Weigh residents and record weights in the appropriate places as assigned.
* Complete oral hygiene and toileting as needed.
* Serve meal trays, assist with feeding, and collect meals trays as assigned
* Identify residents before administering treatments, serving meals, etc.
* Record all entries on flow sheets, notes and charts in an informative manner.
* Use only authorized abbreviations established by the facility when recording information.
* Perform other related duties as directed by Supervisor.
* Implement and evaluate restorative care services, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
* Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of resident care plans and resident assessments.
* Maintain treatment records, resident files and profess notes as required.
* Review care plans daily to determine if changes in the resident’s daily care routine have been made on the care plan.
* Brief resident of procedures involved in restorative care and prepare necessary equipment.
* Perform restorative care treatments in resident’s room as necessary.
* Encourage residents to perform or participate in ADL functions and range of motion exercises.
* Recommend modifications and changes in the resident’s restorative care as indicated to the Restorative Coordinator.
* Must pass a Training and Competency Evaluation Program; must be on state registry in good standing within 4 months of hire.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.