At Clary Grove, our mission goes beyond compassion and improving care. We strive to enrich the lives of those with whom we work and serve through our principles, passion, and purpose.
Join us and benefit from the Clary Grove difference. Our core values make us unlike any other employer. If you want to be part of a family-like team who feels as passionately about serving fellow members of your community as you do, join us!
In addition to competitive wages, you’ll benefit from:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Advancement opportunities
· Paid vacation
· Health insurance
· 401(k) matching contributions
· And more!
The Assistant Director of Nursing takes on some of the responsibilities of the nursing department as may be delegated. He/she provides assistance in the functioning of the nursing department. In addition, he/she assists and supports the translation of the nursing philosophy of the center into nursing practice by participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS::
* Assists and participates in the development, organization and implementation of the philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards of nursing care in accordance with the goals of the facility
* Confers with the Director of Nursing in assessing the quality of nursing care being delivered and recognizes the need for improving or changing nursing practices
* Assists with the development, direction, participation, and evaluation of the orientation program for nursing personnel; responsible for orientation of new nursing employees in the absence of the Director of Staff Development
* Makes daily rounds to evaluate customer care, the progress of individual employees, monitors nursing practices and assists personnel with nursing and educational needs
* Remains cognizant of legal aspects of nursing practice as well as government regulations; demonstrates this in teaching, supervision, and evaluation of customer care
* Assists with on-site evaluation of employee performance and assesses need for progressive disciplinary action; participates in employee conferences, as requested by the Director of Nursing
* Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the centers fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS
* Assists with daily scheduling to ensure adequate and safe staffing necessary to deliver nursing services; keeps within predetermined par level staffing ratios
* Acts as on-call nursing clinical resource person, as scheduled
* Participates in internal audit of nursing practice and in the plan of correction when deficits are identified
* Compiles end-of-month reports to be submitted to the DON
* Establishes and facilitates effective employer/employee relations
* Assures that care plans for the residents are completed in a timely manner and comply with all facility/regulatory and reimbursement policies
* Acts as a liaison for customers, families, visitors and staff to resolve concerns and issues, always with the goal of customer satisfaction
* Participates in the Quality Improvement program of the facility
* Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals needs and rights;
* Performs other duties as requested.
* Hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse from the state in which services are provided.
* Maintain current CPR certification
* Minimum of three years clinical experience in a long-term care facility