Part-time PM Chef :
(4 hours between 2:30pm-6:30pm, 28hrs/PP)
To provide attractive, tasty, nutritious food of good quality according to established policies, procedures and objectives of the organization.
Experience preparing and serving food for a minimum of 36 people. Knowledge in the use of basic household kitchen equipment. Basic knowledge of proper and safe food handling, storage, ordering, and serving practices. Follow and adhere to organization, federal/state regulations and guidelines, including resident rights, standard precautions, fire safety, and first aid. Maintain a well-groomed appearance, adhering to the dress code of the organization/program. Dietary Manager certification or ServSafe certification preferred.
* Prepare food for tenants and guests
* Coordinate and manage meal planning
* Coordinate dates off
* Mange and supervise kitchen staff
* Oversee presentation of meals and service in the dining room including greeting and visiting with residents
* Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of kitchen and storage areas
* Maintain confidentiality
* Projects a positive image of the organization in dealing with tenants, families, staff outside business agencies and contacts
* Contacts maintenance staff in the event of equipment breakdown
Physical Requirements (based on essential functions)::
Frequently lifts and carries food items/equipment weighting up to 30 pounds; frequently twists, stoops, and bends; frequently reaches at, or above, shoulder height; occasionally climbs step stool, stairs, kneels; frequently works on slippery, wet floors; frequently exposed to hot, humid conditions and temperature changes. 75% of workday is spent standing or walking. Must be able to communicate orally and/or in writing with residents, coworkers, families, and public.
Additional duties as assigned.