The Help Desk Assistant reports to the Information Systems Manager and provides support to end users and support team members on a variety of electronic medical record (EMR) and Practice Management (PM) related issues.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Responds to telephone calls, emails and in person requests for technical support on behalf of the support team.
· Enters requests for technical support into tracking system.
· Provides immediate problem resolution or forwards problem to proper support personnel for resolution.
· Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention.
· Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
· Prepares and distributes activity reports.
· Stays current with system information, changes and updates.
· Assists in conducting maintenance and configuration of the system as requested and needed.
· Assists HIT members with administrative tasks.
· Supports Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management (PM) team members with data entry and system clean up.
· Conduct research and analysis of patient records in the PM and EMR systems, including viewing individual patient records and information for purposes of researching and resolving discrepancies, testing system functionality, reporting, and other job functions necessary to the implementation, maintenance and optimization of the PM and EMR systems.
· Serves as an EHR backup trainer by developing detailed knowledge in the eClinicalWorks EHR functionality and workflow processes.
· Coordinate EHR support meetings with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Practice Management (PM) team members as it relates to Help Desk EHR activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to function in a high-pressured, deadline oriented environment.
· Knowledge of various computer software packages (i.e., Excel, Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Posses an eye for detail.
This position reports directly to the Health Information Systems Manager or Vice President of Information Systems.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies and the UHC policies and procedures.
Primary contact is with the employees of UHC Health Centers and DOC sites, but may also include vendors, benefits providers, and local business establishments.
Refer to ADA Checklist.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
Refer to ADA Checklist.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTSThe incumbent must be able to balance the needs of diverse constituencies on a daily basis.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety pre-cautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be part of the work of this individual. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.