Functions as a staff nurse under the guidance and supervision of an experience R.N. Performs routine patient care assignments and carries out established nursing procedures utilizing the nursing process.
Hold a current Texas permit or license as a Registered Nurse. BSN preferred.
B. Training and Experience:
1. Current BLS through the American Heart Association required within 90 days of hire.
2. Successful completion of general and nursing orientation within 3 months of hire.
3. Demonstrate Nursing Process elements:
4. Complete the following competencies within 3 months of hire or transfer:
· Unit Orientation
· Unit Safety
· Unit organization including supplies and equipment Attendance requirements
· Appropriate documentation and chart review
· Demonstrate effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
· Technical skills accuracy including equipment use such as charge system.
· Proper patient preparation (diagnostic studies, peri-operative, teaching, permits and consents)
· Appropriate Delegation
· Age-specific Care
· Professional Communication
· Body Substance Isolation
· Medication Administration
· IV Therapy
· Blood and Blood Component Administration
· Participation in Code Blue
· Participation in Rapid Response
· Restraint Training
· Minimal Lift Training
5. Complete other requirements by the unit within 6 months of hire or transfer:
· Cardiac Cath – Specific Competencies
· Cardiac Interpretation Exam
· ACLS Certification
6. Complete other requirements by the unit within one year of hire or transfer:
· Critical Care Course
· Defibrillation Certification
· Respiratory – Specific Competency