THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION 20 HRS PER WEEK.
The Activity Associate is an integral part of the Activities Department of Baptist Village Health Care Services. The Activity Associate plans therapeutic and recreational activities to aid the Resident’s in continuing to function at their highest possible level. When working with the Residents always keep in mind their physical safety and well-being is paramount at all times.
The work schedule is routinely 1:00 pm – 8:00pm including weekends / holidays. Hours may be adjusted depending on needs of unit, special events, and/or staffing requirements.
Should you be unable to work your schedule you would need to call the Activities Director first, Social Services Director, Nursing Supervisor, or Director of Nursing. Continue to call down the line until you speak to someone personally; however, always leave a message should you get an answering machine. Baptist Village call in policy as directed in the Personnel Policy Manual is to be followed, however, due to the nature of Supportive Care it is recommended you call in as early as possible.
* Previous experience organizing and directing people in individual or group activities
* Possess ability to assess social, physical, and emotional ability and limitations of residents
* Good verbal and written communication skills required
* Interested and knowledgeable in the following:
* Crafts, music, art, recreation, exercise
* Available to work holidays and weekends, as schedule requires
* Able to plan and implement multiple task and activities at same time
* Certified Nursing Assistant training preferred
* Early Childhood Development training or knowledge a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES: JOB TASKS AS ASSIGNED BY DIRECTOR:
* Provide information for resident care plan meetings
* Assessing and documenting resident activity status on daily sheets
* Assist and encourage resident involvement in self initiated activities as well as group activities
* Assisting to and from activities
* Assist residents in maintaining appropriate dress when out of room and during activities
* Assist in dining area as assigned
* Baptist Village will supply all supplies and materials needed for activities
* The Shopper or Activity Director purchases all needed supplies. Orders are to be turned into Activity Director by 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday or Wednesday purchase
* Welcome and visit with all new residents and meet families
* Play appropriate music in day room and activity dining areas prior to mealtime
* Communicate information regarding resident care and services to appropriate individuals
* Respond to the facility in the event of an emergency
* Attend in-service meetings as required
* Preform other duties and job assignments as identified and delegated by the Director
* The associate is authorized to have very limited access to resident health information as needed to provide treatment, for billing purposes, or the purpose of healthcare operations.