The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, the day-today staff management and guests. The General Manager should be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the VP of Operations, hotel owners, and other possible stake holders. Responsible for managing the hotel’s management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent guest experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: :
* Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per Organizational chart.
* Hold regular briefings and meetings with all Department Heads.
* Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures, and service standards.
* Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service, and refurbishment.
* Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
* Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating budget, Marketing and Sales Plan, and Capital Budget.
* Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
* Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotel and management.
* Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
* Developing improvement actions, and carry out cost savings.
* Possess a strong understanding of P and L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
* Closely monitor the hotel’s business reports on a daily basis and make decisions accordingly.
* Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food and Beverage, Admin and General, are on target and accurate.
* Maximize room yield and hotels revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
* Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
* Draw up plans and budget (revenue, costs, etc.) for the owners.
* Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
* Act as a final decision maker in hiring key staff.
* Coordination with Department Heads for the execution of all activities and functions.
* Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with Department Heads on a daily basis.
* Manage and develop all employees to ensure timely career progression and development.
* Be accountable for responsibilities of Department Heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
* Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
* Lead in all aspects of business planning.
* Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
* Handle corporate clients and take part in new client acquisition along with sales teams when required.
* Assist in residential sales as necessary, and ensure development with strong sales prospects.
* Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both internal and external.
* Firm understanding and compliance with legalization, OSHA, fire regulations, and other legal requirements.
* Perform additional assignments as required.
Job Requirements: :
* College Degree plus 1 year GM experienced preferred (AGM or equivalent experience required).
* 3-5 years of hotel experience required.
* The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills, and extensive hands-on experience.
* Available to work as needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.