Lifestyle Coordinator ?:
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. Men and women who have served sons and daughters, grandchildren, neighbors and their country in countless ways both small and great. Now it's our turn to help. We consider it a privilege to serve those who have passed on to us, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
At the heart of every Americare community is a philosophy of person centered care. This philosophy guides every decision we make. Person centered care comes alive in our communities and truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and our co workers. Over 90% of Americare employees would recommend their community as a great place to work.
To be fully considered applicants must include resume with their salary expectations.:
Our Lifestyle Coordinator plans, organizes, facilitates and directs recreational activity programs for residents in the nursing facility. Prepare for events by obtaining and organizing necessary materials for activities. Directs and organizes such activities as sports, dramatics, games and arts and crafts to assist residents to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities. Regulates content of program in accordance with individualized patient capabilities, needs and interests. Organizes and coordinates special outings and may accompany residents on outings. Plan and document a monthly activity calendar. Participate in assessing and documenting progress charts and periodic reports for medical staff and other members of the treatment team reflecting resident reaction and evidence of progress or regression. Network with community organizations, businesses, schools and individuals to form a solid volunteer program. Participate in planning and implementing internal and external community events.
Essential Duties include the following:
* Leads recreational activities, intellectual and educational activities, arts/crafts, community outings, etc.
* Coordinates or implements a volunteer program.
* Effectively communicates with supervisor, peers, residents and resident family members and customers.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
* Leads large groups
* Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times.
* Demonstrates professional behavior and performance, as an Americare employee.
* Minimal high school graduate and minimum age of 18 years of age
Benefits of Joining our Team:
* Opportunity to work with a professional team in a growing industry
* A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to succeed
* Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
* Paid time off and holidays
* Medical and dental insurance
Feed your passion for fun with seniors - full time position open as the Activities Professional at our senior living community. Must be flexible, self starter, energetic and creative.