Title: Special Services Nurse RN or LPN
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: CQO
GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides staffing in the areas of utilization management, social services, discharge planning, infection control surveillance and reporting, and provides assistance to Occupational Health. This position requires rotating call and some weekend and holiday work.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Utilization review of all hospitalized patients and ongoing case review as required by third party insurance companies
2. Issues notices of non-coverage under the direction of the CQO
3. Screen patients for discharge planning needs and assists patients with arrangements
4. Participates in infection control surveillance
5. Prepares a variety of reports assigned by CQO
6. Assists with employee immunizations and safety education. Participates in infection surveillance and patient and staff education related to isolation precautions.
7. Provides Social Service staffing and is on-call for Social Services and Utilization Management. Assists patients with the formulation of advance directives.
8. Actively participates in Quality Management and Hospital Safety Programs.
Other Job Functions:
1. Works with CQO on special projects
2. Completes client assessment forms as required by licensing and regulating bodies
3. Participates in planning and presenting employee education programs
4. Serves on assigned committees
5. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
6. Provide patient care within scope of license/certification
7. Take Rotating Call
The RN or LPN has a responsibility to act as educator to their peers, patients, and their families. All aspects of the RN or LPN's performance supports service excellence and a healing environment. The LPN identifies and communicates needed unit resources or equipment to be included in budgets.
Required: Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program.
Required: Three years recent clinical and/or medical office experience
Preferred: One year recent acute hospital experience. Rural health care experience word processing and database program skills;
Required: Current and Valid Nebraska RN or LPN license, BLS for healthcare workers
Superior verbal communication skills required. Must be able to work independently with keen attention to detail.
Upon hire must provide copy of Immunization Record and disclose your current influenza immunization
All offers of employment are subject to a Background check and drug screen.
Jill Langemeier, CLSSYB
Nebraska Department of Labor
1750 Sweetwater Room 009
Alliance, Nebraska 69301