Directs, plans, coordinates, and administers the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations which govern a long term care facility. Work involves the coordination of safety and maintenance needs to ensure a comfortable and safe environment.
* High School graduate.
* Knowledge and experience in all phases of building maintenance.
* Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs, facility safety, equipment maintenance, and training.
* Experience in estimating maintenance and repair costs.
* Knowledge of the rules and regulations which govern the long term care industry.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met, to include the use of maintenance equipment and supplies.
* Facility Safety Ensures high standards of safety are developed, met, and maintained in accordance with all facility policy and procedures; and applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
* Arranges and coordinates fire safety inspections with follow-up on deficiencies.
* Arranges, coordinates, and schedules internal safety inspections and determines appropriate corrective actions, when necessary.
* Schedules, coordinates, conducts, and manages the facilitys safety committee.
* Facility maintenance Ensures the long term care facility and grounds are maintained in accordance with facility policy and procedures and fiscal guidelines; and applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
* Coordinates, arranges, supervises, and provides for the completion of corrective and preventative maintenance in accordance with facility policy and procedures, practices, and financial considerations.
* Plans a continual work schedule to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
* Develops, schedules, and controls a preventative maintenance program to maintain safe and efficient plant operations and grounds.
* Evaluates long term need in relation to major projects and property improvements.
* Facility Equipment Maintenance Ensures major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
* Develops, implements, and reviews equipment records.
* Establishes procedures and/or contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment.
* Recommends to Administrator purchases when replacement or new equipment is required.
* Performs minor repairs/installations within boundaries of time constraints and level of expertise.
* Facility Safety and Maintenance Training Provides training for personnel and residents as it relates to safety and maintenance needs of the long term care facility.
Perform other related duties as assigned.