The Housekeeper Associate reports to the Environmental Services Director and is responsible for keeping the Community clean and safe for Residents, families, staff, and visitors. He/she is also responsible for cleaning common areas and may be assigned to clean Resident units and even their personal laundry, as well as their bed linens and towels.
Housekeeper Associate Procedure:
* Cleans Resident units as assigned.
* Cleans bathrooms completely, including toilet bowl, sinks, bathtubs/showers;clean countertops and mirrors; and sterilizes floor.
* Cleans Kitchen area, including counters, under counters, and mops Kitchen floor.
* Dusts all surfaces while at the same time being careful with Residents’ belongings.
* Vacuums all exposed areas.
* Washes inside of windows, when necessary.
* Washes Resident’s personal laundry, if assigned.
* Cleans all common areas, including but not limited to: halls, landings, stairs, activityareas, lobbies, elevators, and model units.
* Cleans vacant units as assigned and as above.
* Ensures cleanliness of public restrooms.
* Maintains housekeeping and laundry carts at all times.
* Washes and dries all Community laundry, using appropriate products.
* Housekeeping and laundry carts
* Chemical cleaning supplies
* Wet/dry vacuum
* Window squeegee
* Scrub brush, scouring pads, sprayers
* Trigger spray bottles
* Dust pans, brooms, mops
* Iron and ironing board
Compliance and Safety:
* Follows emergency procedures when chemicals are accidently misused.
* Understands the practices surrounding proper handling of biohazardous waste.
* Maintains a clean laundry room and stores chemicals in accordance with properprocedures.
* Communicates effectively with Environmental Services Director and other staff.
* Advises Environmental Services Director when supplies are in need of reorder.
* High School Diploma
* Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
* Physically able to push and pull equipment.
* Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
* May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
* May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
* May be required to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per day).
* May be subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., includingHIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
* While performing the duties of this job, may be occasionally exposed to wet and/orhumid conditions; moving, mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extremecold and extreme heat.
* Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
* Background, criminal, and drug tests as required.
* May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
* May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
* May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.