ENVIROMENTAL SERVICE WORKER
Performs daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, offices, lobbies, lounges, departments, bathrooms, exam rooms, procedure rooms including Medical Arts Plaza and any outlaying facility of BBGH in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services department. Able to perform all duties within the laundry department, is able to operate machinery used in the process of laundering linens. Is able to operate machinery used to maintain hard floors and carpet.
· Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas (patient rooms, operating rooms, emergency rooms, delivery rooms, x-ray, lab, offices, dialysis, exam rooms, procedure rooms and visitor areas) including Medical Arts Plaza and any outlying facility of BBGH following established schedules and using prescribed methods according what is appropriate for each patient age.
· Collects and disposes of contaminated articles (used sharp containers, contaminated trash)
· Keeps supply room stocked with ample supplies.
· Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and has repairs made when needed.
· Observes and reports the need to repair equipment, furniture, building and fixtures within the building.
· Has knowledge of chemicals and dispensing system used within the department.
· Maintains all hard flooring and carpets.
· Collects soiled linen and distributes clean linen following hospital policy and procedures.
· Able to complete all necessary and pertinent record keeping.
· Follows manufactures guidelines related to chemical dispensing system and wash cycles.
· Assures that all safety measures are followed.
· Provides an adequate supply of linens that are free from infectious contaminates.
· Mends torn articles.
· Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry lists.
· Maintains adequate supply of linens to meet par levels.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Some experience preferred but not required.
This person will be scheduled Monday thru Friday and one weekend a month, occasional overtime and rotating holidays and day/night hours. Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork. Willing to be cross-trained in order to fill in at other EVS areas as needed.
All offers of employment are subject to a Background check and drug screen.
Work Force Development
302 Box Butte Avenue
Alliance, Ne 69301