Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Director of Laundry Services, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, and that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
None required. On-the-job training provided.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of laundry areas, for sanitation, order, and safety.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing laundry practices.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instructions, etc.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.