An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The position plans, prepares for, coordinates, and conducts the day to day programming within the community. Responsible for developing a comprehensive calendar which enriches the lives of the residents, involves the associates and families, and meets the philosophical approach of Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way. Oversees and supervises the Life Enrichment associates.
* Develops and conducts programs that meet the individualized needs of the resident population at the community.
* Supervises life enrichment associates. Includes interviewing, hiring, onboarding, providing support and direction, and holding accountable to the company standards and philosophy.
* Coordinates the schedules of the Life Enrichment associates to assure adequate coverage of programs
* Collaborates with other life enrichment assistants to develop a monthly/weekly calendar that meets the Artis standards and the individual interests of the residents
* Responsible for finalizing the weekly calendar and assuring timely posting/distribution of the calendar.
* Utilizes the Partnership Profile to develop appropriate programs of interest to the residents
* Utilizes the associate Partnership Profile to involve associates in programs of interest and to enhance the monthly/weekly calendar
* Knows, understands, and demonstrates the company philosophy of Positive Partnerships the ARTIS Way.
* Assures that the ARTIS specific programs are being held as designated (i.e.: Time to Dish; Town Hall meeting; I CAN program; and I’m AlWrite)
* Coordinates with outside agencies and organizations to develop programs to enhance the resident’s experiences and programs
* Plans out trips for residents that meet their individual needs and are appropriate for residents with memory loss.
* Responsible for arranging transportation for out trips.
* Provides information to the Director of Health and Wellness and/or the Director of Partnership Development regarding the residents’ participation and abilities in order to assist with the development of a personalized care plan.
* Responsible for maintaining communication with family members regarding level of participation in programs.
* Supports and maintains an effective volunteer program through screening, orienting, training, supervising and evaluating volunteers. Also maintains adequate records on volunteers and complies with government standards for documentation.
* Keeps within budgetary guidelines set forth in the budge. Utilize spend down to assure compliance.
* Responsible for ordering, maintaining, and securing needed supplies for the department.
* Maintains the life enrichment environment in a professional and adult manner. Assures shadow boxes and bulletin boards are presented in an organized and mature way.
* Contacts performers and other purchased service vendors to schedule.
* Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
* Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
* Performs all other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* 2 years dementia specific experience, with primary focus on programming, activities, or social services. An Associate’s Degree or TRD preferred.
* Must be qualified by experience and training to develop programs appropriate for elders and disabled individuals, interact with family members, and provide dementia specific information to others.
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.