An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Dementia Care Program Manager is responsible for the overall direction and management of the memory care unit
Degree in social work, nursing or health related field or 3-5 years commiserate experience. RN, LVN, SW, CDP, Activities professional or similar Healthcare professional preferred. Long term care experience with experience in year in memory care preferred. The position is individually accountable to the Administrator Working Environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Provide daily oversight for effective operation of the unit.
* Coordinate the initial pre-admission assessment and provide assistance at admission to ensure a smooth transition to the unit.
* In coordination with the Dementia Unit Nursing team:
* Manage and implement resident care plans
* Coordinate the Interdisciplinary meetings; including notification of responsible parties
* Serve as a liaison with the families on the unit and develop a support group.
* Form liaison with the local Alzheimer’s Association for training and support for residents, staff, and families.
* Supervise and develop activities program and calendar that meets the spiritual, social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the residents. Assess resident characteristics (stages, sex, ethnic background, prior lifestyles, cognitive and functional abilities) in conjunction with other departments to plan and organize program content. Monitor programming to ensure continuity of or changes needed in the program.
* Supervise the dedicated Activity Personnel on Memory Care Unit.
* Ensure the appropriate discharge plans are available at admission and revised as necessary. Assist with planning and implementing the resident’s discharge.
* Be actively involved in the staff recruitment, training and retention:
* Be involved in the hiring process for staff assigned to the unit
* Assist with orientation to all employees on the unit
* Provide ongoing education of memory care staff and any staff providing services on the Dementia Unit
* Assess educational needs of staff regarding program and dementia specific knowledge and ensure appropriate education is provided.
* Establish and maintain a sense of teamwork through effective communication, interaction and unit meetings.
* Participate and attend facility staff meetings, departmental meetings and sit on required committees.
* Keep abreast of current research, new programs and community resources that may benefit residents, families and staff. Make appropriate referrals to community agencies, consultants or departments to facilitate the resident’s use of resources and promise social function.
* Assist in developing and updating departmental policies and processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Exposure to blood and body fluids in Classifications I, II, and Ill (See Blood borne Pathogens Program, Job Classifications System). HBV vaccination available. Exposure to chemicals. MSDS sheets available.