At Prestige Senior Living Orchard Heights in Salem, Oregon, residents enjoy the camaraderie of community-based living, coupled with the comfort of being steps away from activities and services designed to make life easy and exciting.:
Our innovative wellness program, Celebrations, is designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.:
At Orchard Heights, we also offer the award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, which uses innovative techniques and approaches to turn daily activities into memorable and meaningful events. Our program provides people living with dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality, embracing the philosophy that “Life is an Activity”.:
Questions? Contact OrchardHeightsED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below::
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
The Maintenance Director is responsible for the maintenance of the building, apartments, equipment, and grounds.
* Prepares and implements a preventive maintenance schedule for the building, equipment, and grounds.
* Performs installations and repairs within area of expertise including, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting and in accordance to accepted codes.
* Arranges for and manages contracted repairs, maintenance, and construction services.
* Conducts and records routine fire evacuations drills and inspects fire and emergency equipment.
* Inspects the physical plant, furnishings and equipment on a regular basis identifying needed repairs or improvements and advises the executive director of recommended solutions timely.
* Monitors building and water temperatures and adjusts to meet regulations and safety codes.
* Ensures strict adherence to community fire safety and hazardous chemical procedures, promptly address all unsafe conditions or equipment problems.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, respecting individual dignity, rights and confidentiality standards.
* Performs floor care on an ongoing basis, including carpeting in resident apartments and common areas of the community.
* Removes trash gathered by housekeepers and caregivers on a daily basis.
* Ensures that outdoor walking areas and parking lot are clean and in good repair and free of debris.
* Maintains grounds in a professional, well groomed manner by performing grounds maintenance on a regular basis or working with a landscape company to maintain grounds in an appropriate manner.
* Assists in lifting and transporting heavy objects, including receiving shipments and furniture.
* Assists residents in hanging pictures, arranging furniture, or moving, as necessary.
* Assists and escorts inspectors on tours of the community.
* Ensures that the department operates within the budget, maintaining records that support supply and labor costs.
* Responsible for keeps a record of all community tools and equipment and keeping needed maintenance supplies stocked.
* Coordinates maintenance services with other departments and residents.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Vocational or Trade School degree in general maintenance or three years of experience in carpentry, electrical or painting work.
* Experience with budgets helpful.
* Valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
Keywords: Maintenance Director, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Worker, Service Technician, Service Tech, Property Maintenance, Apartment Maintenance, Facilities Manager, Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Technician, Maintenance Assistant,