Demonstrate the leadership and managerial skills necessary to achieve a positive environment for all community residents. Ensure a productive, safe, and professional work environment for all community team members. Inspire and foster a collaborative management team that understands and implements its shared authority and responsibilities. Promote a positive community image that will boost occupancy to 100 percent. Establish and maintain family relations, meet financial expectations and adhere to corporate policy and procedures. Operate a fiscally sound and efficient organization that produces adequate profitability.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be at least 21 years old.
* Must have two or more years of experience in a leadership capacity in the senior living industry.
* Must have valid drivers license and access to a private vehicle for business use.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Meet state or provincial health related requirements.
* Maintain any certifications as required by state or provincial regulations.
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state or provincial, and/or local regulations.
* Ensure adherence to community budget.
* Ensure a stable staff of optimal quality and quantity by recruiting, hiring, supervising, evaluating, counseling, and, if necessary, terminating team members.
* Ensure all team members are consistently educated and trained through new team member orientation and regular education and training classes, including all requirements of federal and state or provincial regulations.
* Ensure adherence to all human resources systems so team members are treated fairly and equitably according to federal, state, and provincial regulations, as well as Your Life policy.
* Ensure service needs of all residents are consistently identified through Nursing Assessment and auxiliary evaluations processes.
* Ensure service needs of all residents are consistently addressed through development and implementation of service plans.
* Ensure adherence to all health services systems so health needs of residents are consistently addressed.
* Ensure adherence to all health and safety systems so the health and safety of residents, team members, and visitors are consistently protected.
* Ensure adherence to all activities systems so physical fitness, intellectual, cultural, recreational, social, and spiritual needs of residents are consistently addressed.
* Ensure adherence to all dining services systems so the nutritional needs of residents are consistently addressed by preparing appetizing, attractive, nutritious meals according to the highest food sanitation standards, and serving the meals in a pleasant dining environment.
* Ensure adherence to all housekeeping systems so community interior is consistently clean, orderly, and attractive.
* Ensure adherence to all maintenance systems so community and grounds are consistently safe, well-maintained, and attractive.
* Ensure adherence to all marketing systems so 100 percent occupancy can be achieved and maintained with consistently satisfied residents.
* Ensure adherence to all accounting systems so correct procedures are consistently used for accurate recording of revenues and expenses, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general accounting.
* Ensure adherence to all quality assurance systems so continuous improvement of all community operations occurs.
* Ensure resident, team member, or physical plant problems that arise after usual business hours are addressed promptly and effectively, either by being personally available via telephone or by assigning other appropriate staff to be similarly available.
* Perform staff duties necessary for immediate community operation in case of staffing problem.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Regional Vice President of Operations.
* Ensure Regional Vice President of Operations is regularly informed of community status, particularly of any significant problems for which guidance is necessary.
* Effectively and dynamically lead team members, inspiring their confidence and motivating them to consistently perform their duties according to the highest standards.
* Ensure an environment in which team members consistently feel valued and respected.
* Ensure an environment for residents in which tenets of assisted living/personal care/memory care are consistently promoted.
* Ensure positive relationship with family members and/or significant others of residents so they feel confident that the needs of their loved ones are being addressed.
* Ensure positive relationship between community and community at large so they serve as resources for one another.