Shifts available are 3p-11p Monday-Friday only
Summary of Duties:
Registered Nurse Supervisor – RN will be responsible for ensuring that the facility functions according to policy and regulatory guidelines during shift. Provide direct nursing care to the residents and supervise daily nursing activities performed by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants, ensuring that the resident care plan is implemented in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator and Executive Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Essential Job Functions:
* Direct the day-to-day functions of the facility during the assigned shift ensuring that care is rendered according to policy and procedures.
* Direct the functions of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants in accordance with the resident care plan, current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the facility.
* Provide direct care to residents as needed in accordance with the care plan, policy and procedures, and nursing standards of care.
* Document all interventions and activities according to policies and regulations.
* Communicate with the physician, Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator and other employees, as necessary, concerning the status of residents and activities on the shift.
* Make rounds with physicians as necessary and ensure proper record keeping.
* Meet with residents, and/or family members, as necessary. Report problem areas to the Supervisor.
* Complete med pass audits and counts medication as assigned.
* Report floor stock medication, supply, and equipment needs to the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator.
* Chart nurses’ notes in an informative, descriptive, and legible manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
* Complete all forms, communication records, reports as required.
* Review and transcribe physician orders according to policy.
* Report all discrepancies noted concerning physicians orders for patient care to the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator.
* Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Follow through with the process of admitting, transferring and discharging residents according to physician orders.
* Perform complete assessment on all assigned residents each shift with follow up rounds minimum of every two (2) hours during tour of duty.
* Report residents’ condition and shift occurrences to oncoming staff.
* Coordinate social and activity programs with nursing services schedules.
* Meet with restorative, rehabilitative, and self-help care programs.
* Assist in arranging transportation for discharged residents and ensure an escort to the pick-up area.
* Determine and inform staff of the work/resident assignment for the shift.
* Inform employees of new admission.
* Greet newly admitted residents upon admission and escort to room as necessary.
* Meet with nursing employees on a regular basis to identify and correct problem areas and to improve nursing services.
* Review employee complaints and grievances and ensure that all employees are treated consistent with policies and applicable laws.
* Participate in employee performance evaluations and the reviews of staffing requirements and make recommendations to the Director of Nursing Services/Clinical Services Administrator concerning these issues.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor, including any special projects.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse – RN by the State of Alabama. Three (3) years experience in a long-term care facility or nursing home preferred. Must possess CPR certification within thirty (30) days of employment.
Physical Requirements for Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to move about intermittently throughout the workday.
* Must be able to reach, bend, and/or stoop intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must be able to push, pull, or move a minimum of 100 pounds utilizing proper body mechanics and assistance.
* Must be able to walk/stand 75% of the day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Registered Nurse RN Nuse Nusing Manager Supervisor Director